TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The DoubleTree hotel in Tarrytown is offering free WiFi now.
The Tarrytown location is the first full-service hotel to offer free wireless service in Westchester, representatives said. The service is available throughout the hotel’s interior premises, in all 247 guest rooms, in the 24,000 square feet of meeting and pre-function space, the Grand Ballroom, the lobby and corridors and the rest of the hotel's space.
"We learned from listening to our guests that the number one amenity they want is free access to the online world," said Rich Friedman, general manager. “Many of them also indicated that they would like to stay connected anytime via their mobile devoices—smart phones, tablets and laptops—from the convenience of their guest rooms, a capability we are pleased to announce is now available.”
Representatives said the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown’s survey "echoes the findings of recent hotel industry assessments of the expectations of the modern traveler," according to a release.
“Today, small and medium-sized firms account for the majority of businesses in Westchester and provide us with opportunities to tailor our services to this highly dynamic market," Friedman said in the release. "Providing free WiFi access will be especially attractive and convenient to both the local business community and to business travelers.”
The hotel is at 455 S. Broadway in Tarrytown.
- 1 Police Warn Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Man Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler On TZB Breaks Windshield
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison