TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A new CVS at the Bridge Plaza shopping center is expected to open at the end of the month.
Construction crews have been working on renovating the former Stop and Shop premises for several months on South Broadway to accommodate the pharmacy. CVS Caremark spokesperson Mike DeAngelis said the new store is scheduled to open on Oct. 28.
Stop & Shop moved out of its Tarrytown location to an expanded 67,500 square-foot mega-store on Route 119 behind the Sheraton Hotel in Greenburgh in March.
The new 21,000 square-foot CVS will include an expanded food section because it's replacing the former grocery store, village officials have said. Officials have also proposed a fruit and vegetable store next to the new CVS, but Tarrytown Village Administrator Michael Blau said no proposals had been brought forth as of last week.
The CVS store on North Broadway in Tarrytown will remain open.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 5 Westchester Women's Agenda Honors Two Irvington Women