TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – A new CVS at the Bridge Plaza shopping center is expected to open at the end of the month.
Construction crews have been working on renovating the former Stop and Shop premises for several months on South Broadway to accommodate the pharmacy. CVS Caremark spokesperson Mike DeAngelis said the new store is scheduled to open on Oct. 28.
Stop & Shop moved out of its Tarrytown location to an expanded 67,500 square-foot mega-store on Route 119 behind the Sheraton Hotel in Greenburgh in March.
The new 21,000 square-foot CVS will include an expanded food section because it's replacing the former grocery store, village officials have said. Officials have also proposed a fruit and vegetable store next to the new CVS, but Tarrytown Village Administrator Michael Blau said no proposals had been brought forth as of last week.
The CVS store on North Broadway in Tarrytown will remain open.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Tarrytown
- 3 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River
- 4 Accident Near Tappan Zee Bridge Slows Wednesday Commute
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Commute In Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow, Irvington